Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I don't have any pictures to share, so I thought I'd ramble for a change.

First of all, those of you who find building sites exciting, can take a wander over here and see how our house is coming along. I'm going to try to post updates there as opposed to here because this site is more for cute pictures of kids than cute pictures of foundations. For those of you who haven't heard the story yet, my parents are building a house and going to let us live in it. We are very, very blessed.

Secondly, Davey has become quite obsessed with Spiderman. Two weeks ago when I looked after our neighbor kids, Dryden brought over his Spiderman movie. Surprisingly both of my kids loved it. (Yes, the version with Kirsten Dunst and that guy. Yes, I let them watch it. They were guests and it had been so long since I'd seen it I decided we'd play and see.) Since then, Davey insists on being called "Spiderman", has acquired a spiderman pyjama set which he would prefer to wear 24/7, and runs around the house looking for people to save. Which is quite nice because if I ask Spiderman to carry that laundry upstairs, he complies. Happily.

His sister is also in on the whole thing and will call (all day long) for "Help! Spiderman, help me." Which I guess was getting to be a bit much. As we were driving to work this morning at 630, Elisabeth was holding a toy castle on her lap and calling for spidey to help her. And Davey flashed her the most withering, world weary look and said, "you're not in trouble" (or in other words, it's too early for this game, please be quiet.)

0 comments: