Monday, March 15, 2010

The car is always a good place to get the kids to pose for pictures. They're confined, they're bored, and sometimes they're even clean! Here's Elisabeth on Sunday:


And both kids at once. We were waiting for Daddy so we had this impromptu portrait session.

Apparently, Dad hasn't warmed up yet. We got home and discovered him looking like this:

So Sunday was the time change. Sunday the kids slept in a little, but they'd also had a couple late nights in a row so I didn't think much of it. Then last night David couldn't fall asleep. I think he had reached another milestone mentally - he suddenly figured out counting the teens (he's always had trouble with 13-15) and couldn't stop counting all day. And then at bedtime he just couldn't sleep. This has often happened when he's reached a new milestone, but it hasn't happened for a while. Well, after putting him to bed about six times I finally said (at 10 pm!) that he could come and sleep with me in our bed. And when we got there he couldn't stop counting and spelling. Just as I'd think he was dropping off to sleep, he would start and begin counting again. och!

David finally fell asleep around 11 and Andrew moved him back to his bed at about midnight. But then at 3 ish he ended up running to our room. He wasn't falling back asleep though so Andrew finally moved him back to his room. What a night! I had an inkling that after a night like that David might sleep in. And sure enough he did...till 930!! That has NEVER happened before! Needless to say, I didn't send him to Kindergarten this morning.

But since it was a gorgeous day, and I wanted to run the kids ragged, we decided to go to Fort Langley this afternoon. Here's David waiting for Uncle Dave and Grosspapa.

We walked up and down the street, then decided to go to the Iron Chef for lunch. They do great sushi.

The kids must have known we would stop for lunch, they both brought bags full of toys with them.

And sunglasses. David and I had our eyes tested last week. David has mild astigmatism, but not strong enough to need glasses, in fact he may even grow out of it. My prescription hasn't changed, but apparently I have some mild sun damage to my eyes. I honestly didn't realise how important it is to wear sunglasses. In fact sunglasses are one of those things I just don't feel myself in so I don't tend to wear them. But after my appointment I went straight to buy glasses for the kids and I even ordered a pair for myself from zenni optical.

Anyway, back to the Iron Chef. Here's dad and Dave.

Just like most sushi restaurants, they had pictures of sushi on their place mats. In this picture below, Elisabeth is telling me that she's not eating any of those things:

She didn't really trust me that she could get fries and fish. That's her worried face. But other than that face, which only I read as her being worried about what we were going to make her eat, she didn't complain or fuss at all. I was very proud of her.

Meanwhile, me and Davey played star wars.

After a truly delicious lunch, we went outside for that walk.


I tried to get a picture of me and Dave, but he wasn't cooperating :(


This picture really needs a witty caption. Any ideas?


The trees looked absolutely gorgeous. I need to go back and get more pictures!! Who knows, maybe TWU's cherry trees are in bloom?!

Stunning.

And just because, here's one more.

Ever wonder where I get my hammishness from? Here's my dad posing for a picture in beautiful Fort Langley...


And Dave pretending he's an FBI agent.

Dad wanted some father son pictures.



And I wanted more pictures of my adorable kids!



Then, cause my dad is addicted to checking out real estate, we walked towards the new housing at Bedford Landing. But we got distracted by how pretty it is there.

Yes, this ramp really was this steep. I was scared going down and up!!



Seriously. BC is beautiful. I love it here.


Here's where they had the sales office and show unit for Bedford Landing.




Libby and Grosspapa.




Doesn't this path look inviting? I'm always sad that it doesn't really go anywhere. Still, it's pretty too.


After our stroll, Dave took us to a chocolate shop. I'd never been there before either (it was a day of firsts in one of my favorite places!) and the owner is definitely a coffee expert. The latte was delicious (you know it's good coffee if you don't need syrup or sugar!) and really, really pretty.

Did I mention it was also a chocolate shop? David got a chocolate carrot.

And these are alpine mints. Like mini eggs only with a minty flavor too.

Libby finished her chocolate first. Dad took one look at her here and said, "look how she adores him!" But me and Dave knew she was just trying to charm his chocolate off of him!

See?!
Buuut, maybe she likes him too.

0 comments: