Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sowing, chopping and other gardening misadventures!

I have been saving egg containers all winter! Can you guess what for?

Yup, that's right. It has something to do with gardening. Incidentally, while my dad was here we weeded and turned over my garden to prepare it for this year's planting (by we I mostly mean DAD!)

Dad moved the strawberries up one level so they'd have their own section. This is where the corn was last year.


Oh! And here are my egg cartons. I filled them all with sand and started my seeds in them. So far, I have corn, pumpkins, watermelon, butternut squash, spagetti squash, radishes, beets, and carrots started. The lettuce I'll do straight into containers in a few weeks and there are a few veggies I'll start from plants. My herbs wintered okay so they should carry over as is. The rhubarb unfortunately got completely overwhelmed by squash plants last year and didn't survive, but I might grab another plant later this year.

After we'd started our seeds, Elisabeth and I joined dad where he was working on our tumble down fence. I pulled nails out of boards while Elisabeth held the pot of broken nails.


And measured things...


This next picture cracks me up. Lumberjack meets ANTM...

0 comments: