Sunday, March 21, 2010

new blog posting coming soon...

With the combination of my dad being here and the weather turning nice, we've actually been out and about doing things. I think I have about 1000 pictures to weed through and post. But just so you don't think I've become one of those 'once a week bloggers', here's something to whet your appetite:

Tonight I was in our room packing Andrew's suitcase (he's heading to Cedar Springs for a leadership seminar tomorrow). David could hear me moving around and called me to his room.

"Mama," he said, "I'm sorry. But I just wanted to answer you a question."

I sighed with lack of patience, I have so many things I still need to accomplish this evening. "Okay. Tell me." And I crouched beside his bed. I should add, my voice betrayed my lack of patience and though I was crouching it was more with exhaustion than desire to be close to him.

"When you're not with me mama, my heart breaks. You see, you're part of my heart. I carry you around in my heart. So when you're with me, you're in my heart. But when you're away from me, you leave my heart. And so my heart breaks for you. I love you mama."

I really, really, really love five year old boys. Especially my five year old boy.

0 comments: