Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicole!

(though I won't finish this posting till after midnight, since I'm not asleep yet it's technically still your birthday...sort of. So happy birthday Nicole! Hope you had a great day :)


This morning me and the kids hitched a ride to Langley with Andrew. Or he with us perhaps, since we left him at P2C and continued on to the Cloverdale McDonalds. The kids played in the play room there while Kat and I chatted. Davey particularly liked the seating in the main area:

A funny thing happened today: I forgot my camera at home. yah. So I stopped at WalMart and bought a HP Photosmart E337....I've been wanting a pocket camera for a while. For $60 this thing is pretty good. Today's pics all courtesy of the little guy.


I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to lighting on any of these, so the pictures are actually better than they should be. Or not as bad as they look. Either way. It was SO gorgeous out today. And our weather forecast is calling for snow for the next 7 days at least. So we stopped at the park. Brisk. And lovely.

If you look closely, you can see all three kids in the picture:

I thought this one was just tired. She's desperately trying to give up her last remaining nap. Today she slept for 1/2 hour while I drove around with her in the car. But when we got home I realized she had a fever too. Now that I look at these pictures I see she was very pale. I can be so dumb some times...

This one desperately needs a hair cut. But I want his curls to grow back (long and luxurious) so that I can recreate pictures my parents took of Rob when he was 2. Rob had gorgeous blonde curls. Grow hair, grow!!

Hi Jadey!


The kids were so cute, I couldn't resist taking millions of pictures. After all, it's only just over a year till Jade and Davey start kindergarten. And we all know that once your kids start school it's only a matter of moments before they're all grown up. So I'm savoring moments like these.

For those of you who might be wondering, Davey was great at the Cloverdale McDonalds. I didn't have to get managers or dads or other kids to drag him out of the play place. So I think maybe the Chilliwack McDonalds is just a bad place for little boys. Some kind of bad influence there or something ;)

Elisabeth is starting to use a lot more sentences. Just this week she's started asking, "where are we?", "where are we going?", "Where's Daddy?", "what are you doing?" and also, "Oh boy. Oh boy o boy."

Not quite sure who she gets the last one from!

She also is building up a repertoire of songs. My favorite (by her) is still Jingle Bells. Davey loves the "long time ago in Bethlehem" song by Boney M. He's started talking about "leaving for evermore."

Jadey is adorable. I wish I had a camcorder in my car to record all her conversations with Davey and Tink. She's such a little mother to them, it's very sweet. And she's so obedient and kind to them. I always know when I have her that it's like having an extra set of arms around to help.




(tinky sure does love her pipe!)


I was at the clinic getting weighed and measured the other day. Tink thought it looked interesting so she got done too. She's about 28 pounds fully clothed (including a very puffy winter coat) and about 32 inches tall. I'm going to have to double check, but I think that makes her quite a bit taller than Davey at her age. Yowsers.



Pictures from our drive home. On sunny days like today I LOVE our commute!


This picture isn't very clear. But that's ice on the side of the hill. Once we cleared the corner it was all over the road. Thick, thick ice. Yup. We're in the midst of winter here. And nothing but snow in the forecast for days...ugh!

0 comments: