Sunday, January 21, 2007

And now to Sunday

Today being church day, I actually did my hair and makeup. And so I thought I'd get a couple of pictures with my little sweetheart.


Can't you see the resemblance here? It's funny how much she looks like I did when I was a baby.


Only she doesn't mind getting kisses. I didn't like them one bit.

Here Elisabeth and David are trying out the new toy I got from Toy Traders. As I mentioned in my last posting, I'm trying to encourage more play between the two kids. Funny story: Today David stayed in the nursery for the very first time ever. Now, granted, we haven't tried putting him in the nursery for at least a year. He hated it so much I decided we'd have to get to church early so that I could come in with him until he felt safe, then let him stay. Well, then our church built this great little parents room where we could play but I could still hear the sermon...I finally tried again with the nursery and he LOVED it! The helpers raved about how well behaved he was, and that unlike the other kids, he doesn't push or shove to get his own way. I've heard a lot of horror stories about some of the other kids and they do try it on with him. But apparently he was great. Until he and Tinky were playing with this toy. Then he let out a great, "MY TOY" and a two handed shove. Luckily Dad was holding Tink!!

She really liked all the gizmos and gadgets on this thing.

And YO check it out!! She's standing ON HER OWN. And did for several minutes. Or at least a minute. Multiple seconds. Well it felt like a long time anyway!




Later, as I was making dinner in the kitchen, Davey fed Elisabeth "dinner". She liked that just fine until she realised she wasn't actually getting any food. Then she was mad as a bushel full of hornets that are really mad. Oh dear.


I have been going to the gym in the evenings. As often as I can go. I really need the solitude and the chance to burn off some energy. Andrew has been feeding and bathing the kids while I go. Obviously they're trying to persuade me to stay home since I found these lovely pictures of fully clothed bath time on our camera.


GRRRRRRRRR


Actually, it seems like the sort of thing I might encourage. And I also found these super cute pictures of my super cute girl:



0 comments: