Monday, January 15, 2007

I LOVE January!

The view through mum's living room window (though incidentally not the reason I love January.)

If you can see past the "Popsicles" hanging from the eaves, this is another view from her window. Nice.


Ahhhhhh yes. January. The malls are empty. Bleak. Or, even when they are busy (like on Saturday when everyone had cabin fever and headed to the malls) no one's spending money. And so there are great deals to be had.

I got a lot of gift cards for Christmas and I've spent the last two days shopping:

Tink's winter coat for next year. I'm SO getting the matching one.


And these overalls are adorable.

I also did some shopping for me, but that'll be on my blog sometime later. By the way, I'm disappointed more of you didn't delurk. I have a sweet statcounter that even lets me see IP addresses for where people come from. So I know that I have visitors from New York, Bellingham, Australia and Ontario who spend a significant amount of time on here. Australia and Bellingham visit regularly. I'm so curious to know who you are....

Anyway enough hinting. This morning Tink and I were playing in the living room and I heard a strange noise and a yelp from the kitchen. Curious I went to see what was going on. Davey had moved the cat food out of this drawer and was stuck like this:

Later we were upstairs. The kids wanted to watch a movie so Uncle Dave popped in Howl's Moving Castle and sat down to watch it with them. Apparently Davey was totally into the movie. Even craning his head around the cat's head to try and see what was happening. A wee bit distracted here, but...


Pretty soon he was right back into it.

Well, after all that we had to drive to Brookswood in Langley to pick up snow shovels. As mentioned in a previous posting, it took us almost four hours with both of us working to shovel our driveway last time it snowed. We had our neighbor's good snow shovel and a smaller snow shovel. Since there's snow forecast for tonight and Thursday, I didn't want a repeat of that.

Here's Tink all bundled up and ready to go out in the cold. I love this little cold mouthed smile she's been doing lately. She has a lot of my mum in her. Especially if you look at pictures of my mum from that age.

Davey wanted to be in the picture too.



While Andrew was in Alberta, Tink and Davey both had growth spurts. For Tinky that means she suddenly was waking up every few hours to nurse again. So I decided to start her on solid foods. First Banana and then I added rice cereal. In the past week she's built up to having some solid food three times a day. Sometimes as much as 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of food. WOW! She really loves it and it seems to be working fine - no gas, upset tummies or elimination problems so I'm going to start her on avacado and some veggies next. I love this picture of her in her highchair because of how she has her feet. She's growing up so fast!


I mentioned Davey's growing too. I first noticed that a lot of his pants were falling down a lot more than usual. Silly me, I thought he was losing weight (his eating habits have been kind of changing. I thought because he was teething. There were a few days he didn't eat so much). Then I noticed that shirts were getting short. Last week I started to notice shoes not fitting so well. Then today mum and Kathi said that they think Davey is the same height as Jade. WHOA! There's usually at least an inch and a half between them. So I measured and sure enough he's grown almost two inches since his birthday (three months). He's just a hair under 38 inches now. And I had his feet measured...they've also grown from a size 8 to a 9. WOW. And these kids are vegetarians (sometimes even fruitarians). No growth hormones in their diets. Crazy. If only their hair would grow like the rest of them.

0 comments: