Monday, January 29, 2007

More about the party...

When we first arrived at the party, all the kids were playing in the yoga room (in the clubhouse) while the adults were in the living room area. Davey and I stopped in the yoga room while Andrew quick drove to SB's to get me a latte. A few minutes later I ran to the kitchen to put the spinach dip in the microwave. Then Kathi came to help me. Not ten seconds later, Cody arrives with a distraught Davey, 'he's upset because both Mummy and Aunty left him alone'.

After that he wanted me to carry him, if I put him down he immediately started crying. Poor little guy, this is still residual clingyness from Andrew going to Alberta. Though he's also started having nightmares.

This is his sad little face once we were back in the kid's room:

But, so long as I was right beside him, he did play Pin the Tail on Boots.

And once I gave him a plate of chips he would even let me wander off once in a while. But he still wouldn't associate with the girls.



Jade opens her presents.

Tinky entertains me and Ashlie

And Davey hides between the couches and finishes off everyone's food.


My brothers and Alexis were at the motorcycle show in Abbotsford. They arrived in time for cake though.


As we were leaving the complex I challenged Davey to a race. I think he looks like a commuter who's about to miss his bus here:

And this is him looking impish because he's walking right past our car. Nice try kiddo.

We got home and I changed him out of his suit into jammies. I'm not sure why I put jammies on since we had plans to give him his bath after dinner. But while I was making dinner and he was watching tv, I wandered into the living room to find him slumped over asleep. Slept straight through the night. All that partying...

0 comments: