Friday, April 20, 2007

Explaining my bitterness...

So obviously from my last posting, I have some issues I need to work through with doctors. It mostly stems from when an accident I had as a teenager...

I was running in the house (that was my first mistake) and slipped on the concrete/tile around our fireplace. I'm sure I chipped a bone doing that. I was in excruciating agony (worse than when I broke my elbow by far) for days, and to this day it hurts to touch that part of my knee. But the doctor insisted I was faking it to get out of phys ed (uh yah, we had such lame pe in my private school...I think we played Bulldog with the Elem. kids. I wasn't trying to get out of that!) There have been a few other similar incidents that have made me just hate anything involving a doctor's office. That was probably the start of it though.

Anyway, Kathi had a card class to teach tonight and Cody and Ashlie are at the Giants' game, so Jade is sleeping over. Davey was so excited to have his best friend over to play with him! I'm not sure where he learned to climb up the slide. Maybe it's an ingrained skill all kids have? Anyway, here he is climbing right over jadey. And below...the sweet look of victory!

If you click on the picture you'll see one of about a hundred spiders I cleaned off the slide today. I did this one with the dandelion so the kids could see it up close (and as Uncle Dave suggested, so they won't be arachnophobes like him.


One sure sign that Elisabeth isn't herself is that she slept all morning, then woke up for lunch (actually, I woke her up) then went straight back to sleep again. And I had to wake her up this afternoon too.

While she was napping this afternoon, I had a quick photoshoot session with Jadey. Then time for some Popsicles.


The kids picked me some dandelions. Unlike most people who love maintaining lawns, I love dandelions.

And I love the colours in our Popsicles.

Jade was super impressed that I was in the fort: How did you get up here?!?!




At about four, the doctor's office finally called to tell me that I had to come back in with Elisabeth. I saw a hilariously dry doctor who informed me that her lungs are inflamed, but only with some sort of temporary ailment (I've had everything from malfunctioning esophagus to pneumonia thrown at me the last couple of days)...I think he thought it was a virus.

I had visions of her in hospital in some sort of breathing machine haunting me every time I let my guard down, so I was glad to hear she should be better within a few days. The bad news is, she has to have twice daily treatment with the nebulizer. She hated it yesterday, but already today she was faring much better with the mask.

She had one treatment right before bedtime and after a few minutes she seemed to perk up a bit and even would let daddy hold her. So hopefully she'll sleep well tonight and maybe we'll only need to do one treatment tomorrow and be done with it. I'm hoping.

0 comments: