Thursday, April 12, 2007

Let's Play Catch Up

I finally managed to download all the pictures off my camera. See, I forgot the camera in the glove box of dad's car and since then though I've been taking pictures on the camera, I've only been downloading stuff off Dave's camera (which I'm also still using.)

Let's see now. On Good Friday Rob and Dad showed up at my door just before ten in the morning. Though they were unannounced, it worked out well. You see, we had decided to rent dad a convertible for his birthday and the rental agency called to let me know that the people who orignally took my booking were a little ambitious in promising me a convertible mustang. Those aren't available here till summer. They did have a PT Cruiser, and if we wanted we could have it today. Well, turns out that worked out just fine since the weather forecast was only for sun on Friday/Saturday and dad happened to show up at my house right then.

So without explaining anything to dad, I phoned round and managed to get Cody and Kat to meet me, Rob, Dad and Davey at Starbucks. I got some drinks in and took off across the parking lot.


Twenty minutes later I pulled up in this. Turns out my dad thought it was the new car I was buying (I'm not buying a new car) and that I wanted to show it off to everyone and ask for a loan.
Once he realized it was his 65th birthday present he was decidedly more receptive to seeing and getting inside it.

On Saturday we had a barbecue at my brother Rob's house. It was also a fence fixing party (two sections blew down this winter and they finally got them back up again). Rob has a HUGE and most awesome backyard which even have a huge fort and a swingset and slide and a teeter totter.

On Easter Sunday we headed to church. Elisabeth decided she didn't want to hear the sermon so we took her into the baby room. They had a new toy in there - a doll house!

I don't mind being in the baby room with her most of the time. Most other parents are polite, but don't talk too much because they want to hear the sermon too. But there are people who leave their kids in the nursery (and I say kids, because they're due for Sunday School soon...so they're not babies) and come into the babies room to chat. It's so annoying. Why bother coming to church at all? I have to figure out a strategy for dealing with this because it's really really bothersome.

Here's Davey in the nursery with the trains. He loves them so much. He hasn't been in a lot of situations where he plays with other kids. I know he's about ready to start which is great for preschool this fall. But I worry about how it will change his behaviour. Already this Sunday when we were in Nursery one of the kids was watching him play with the trains, then decided to break up the tracks and send everything on the table flying. Davey just kind of started in disbelief then screamed out a "No". I worry that he could get mad and throw trains at the kids' head...and would I find out to talk about that being bad behaviour? Maybe we should have gone to a play group or something sooner so we could have gone through this process together?


Yesterday after we got back from West Vancouver, we picked Davey up from Kathi's house. I sat in the back with the kids just for fun. Davey thought it was hilarious.
And insisted I take a picture of just him.



Our neighbor's magnolia tree is in bloom so I tried to snap some pictures with it in the background. It doesn't work as well now that the wind storms pruned some of the longer branches.





Tonight Andrew is at a donor dessert. Andrew hasn't had a lot of opportunity to work on building a support team since we've been married. I think he's only actually managed a week in Ontario right before Davey was born and maybe another few appointments afterwards. Though we've never managed to get to full support, God has been faithful in providing for us. The most amazing thing for me is how he provides clothes for the kids. I had out a box of clothes in the next size up for Elisabeth the other day. It's a mish mash of Ashlie and Jade's old clothes, some things from Natasha's girls, and a few from Carrina (Cody's cousin). Everything in this box is for summer. Which is perfect since she's just starting to grow out of her current size. So six girls born at all different times of years managed to wear the exact size Elisabeth needs for this summer. As if. it has to be a God thing.


0 comments: