Friday, April 13, 2007

I don't think I've blogged yet about how much I'm loving that Davey is talking. It's the most incredible thing in the world to have a conversation with him.

Now of course, he doesn't always understand or listen when we talk. But just yesterday Andrew was explaining something to him, neither of us can remember what, and he totally got it. Was even asking questions that showed he understood and was participating in the conversation.

He has this amazing sense of imagination that makes catching him at play hilarious. His cars and trucks are always having conversations with each other. Sometimes they'll reenact conversations we've had, or stories from books or movies we've heard recently. Other times you'll hear him yelling at toys to "stop!", "Wait for me" or "stop pushing".

Just today he had all of his cars and trucks lined up on the window sill in his room. At the end of the line were his and Elisabeth's furreal cats. These things purr and meow when you stroke them. So he was asking them questions then stroking them to get them to participate in the conversation.

Sometimes I'll hear him yelling at the toys as if they're in trouble, so I'll join in and we'll give those toys a proper talking to. Have to keep them line you know.

But the best was tonight as I was leaving to babysit Jade and Ashlie. As I'm putting my coat and shoes on to leave he calls out, "Goodbye mum. I don't miss you!"