Monday, April 16, 2007

This is me procrastinating:

So yesterday morning we skipped church. Yes, I know. I have my reasons, but I'm not blogging them. Anyway, we decided (I decided?) we should go and grab coffee and Starbucks and then head to this elementary school nearby and play. I'm so enamoured with this playground, they have a forest in the middle of it. How cool is that?!

Davey practicing his growls for the camera. I've been singing The Monster Song from Bill and Gloria Gaither's LIFE album (we had it when I was a kid) and he absolutely loves it. I have to try and track it down somewhere for him.

I love the wooden playgrounds like this one. The new plastic/metal ones are alright, but for me, these are so beautiful.





They also had a Teeter Totter for four people! SO cool. Davey is crying in this picture, but only because he wanted to go on the single seated one. As soon as Andrew took him off this one he was crying to get back on it. Go figure ;oP





Later we had a birthday party for Kathi. Ashlie and Jade came in their party dresses and looked absolutely gorgeous.

Elisabeth slept through the party but did wake up just before the Lyths left so I grabbed a shot of them in together:

Okay, okay, maybe more than one. And gee, since so many people seem to think it's their right to criticize me for buying my daughter clothes, I got these dresses on clearance last year when I was working with money I made. Not that it's any of their business.





Then, since it was still so gorgeous outside, we went to Whiterock for dinner. Fish and Chips by the ocean. It was so nice. We missed the Royal Hudson, but we did get to see an Amtrak train go by. Davey loved it!






This is Davey's head. His hair is starting to curl over his ears. Okay, well down his neck.





And last night while I popped out, Andrew called his parents. They listed their house on Friday and already had one offer yesterday and possibly another today. I was so upset last night I couldn't sleep. When I would drop off, I would wake with a start and be all upset again. I was just telling my mum and sister and got so upset I started crying. While I don't love Kingston, I don't love Langley anymore either. I hate the stupid townhouses and the crappy traffic and how it takes an hour or more to drive from mum's house to the highway. I do love Andrew's parents' house. It's EVERYTHING I ever wanted in a house, and I have so many ideas for making it better. And I'm sure we'll never find one that perfect again. *sigh* You won't convince me that it wasn't meant to be.


0 comments: