Friday, April 20, 2007

reason number 983,400 why I don't like doctors and their staff

this morning we decided that I'd better have the car today.

this because yesterday the doctor we saw said he would call us TODAY and let us know how her xrays went and have us back in to talk about what's wrong with her.

so even though we were all up late (since elisabeth pretty much cried all night and didn't really sleep) we got everyone dressed and ready to go and almost had Andrew at work on time.

then I drove to the walk in clinic to give them my cell number. Just in case I wasn't at home when they called.

Me: Hello, I would like to give you my cell number - I'm supposed to be getting a call from the doctor today about Elisabeth's Xrays.
Receptionist: What xrays are those?
Me: We had chest xrays done yesterday. Dr. XYZ said he would call me today once he had the results in.
R: We won't get those in any earlier than Monday.
Me: Oh no, he was quite sure he'd be seeing me again today. And in any case, she's not breathing without wheezing at all anymore, she's sounding quite a bit worse.
R: I suppose I could call and have them fax the results, but it won't be the films. We're not getting anything in the mail till Monday.
Me: (in my head) Do I look like I care how things are done? Get me the results so I can stop worrying. (Out loud) She's only eight months old and I'm quite worried. Please call.
R: They're busy. I'm going to have to leave a message (very irritated).
Me. Okay. (then, after she's done this), Dr. XYZ was quite sure he would be seeing me today. He was waiting to tell me what to do until we had these results.
R: Blinks repeatedly and in fact continues to blink and say nothing until I finally give up and say, "Thank you" and leave.

And have we heard from the doctors? No. And how is Elisabeth? Wheezing, crying and sleeping.

0 comments: