Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Things to make a mom's heart melt:

I've mentioned frequently how much Davey hates it when Elisabeth cries. We've been trying to explain to him that there is probably an unmet need which precipitates the crying...maybe she's hungry Davey. I think she's just tired sweetie.

Yesterday I drove to Chilliwack with the kids to visit an old friend. And of course Elisabeth began crying just as we go to the eastern end of Abbotsford. But rather than yelling at her to "be quiet" Davey sang,

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine Tink. You make me happy..."

************************************

I wish I had one of those handy little journalists' hand held tape recorders for all those moments like this one that I end up forgetting. Precious was a word I never really had time for until I had children. And now I use it so much. Because they are.

I was just watching the video of Boo standing (she is the cutest baby ever, if you haven't clicked on that link, you need to go look at her NOW!).

Elisabeth loves to stand. She will stand for long periods of time. She even lets go with one or both hands and manages to balance for a while. but she will not attempt to get herself to a standing position no matter how much i try to teach her. Is she going to be in kindergarten still content to be placed in a seated position, and then placed again in a standing position?

It's funny that such a jumpy, active baby could be so very lazy.

1 comments:

the lintinen's said...

singing to tink: CUTE

boo: CUTE

not being able to stand up by yourself in kindergarten: SO FUNNY!