Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Playoff Fever

Last night I was outside cleaning up some of the big mess I made during the day.

Our neighbor was in his living room watching TV with the patio door open. Every once in a while I'd hear him muttering away at the TV set but I didn't take much notice. Then he erupted into this spasm of excitedness which culminated in a lot of yelling and "yes"es. I laughed to myself and thought, "oh yah, I remember the days when Dad used to watch hockey and scare the noodles out of us".

But then the yelling started echoing...first from one house, then another, then another, then another...pretty soon our entire neighborhood and all the cars going by were making noise...that's when I started laughing and headed inside...thinking maybe they'd won game 7 and were advancing.

But oh no. All that racket was only for the second goal and there were still almost thirteen minutes left in the third period. Luckily we did go on to win the game.

But sheesh, from all that racket you'da thought we'd won the cup.

0 comments: