Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lately the kids have been doing a marvellous job of playing together, usually in David's room. In fact, most nights we have to go upstairs repeatedly after putting them to bed to separate them and stop them from playing.

So today while I was folding laundry, I wasn't really surprised that I could hear them again in David's room. Still, after about a half hour I decided to check on them.

...and found a trail makeup marks down the hallway and all over David's door. I opened the door (much as I didn't want to) and found David STILL not dressed (lately I can not get him to put clothes on!) And Elisabeth covered from head to toe in my makeup and Andrew's hair products.

Her hair was almost pure white she had so much styling crap in it and it was standing on end. One eyebrow and one cheek were black from all the mascara. The rest of her face was alternately thick with foundation/concealer or coated in my cream eye shadow. As was her white tshirt and her legs (which also still bear the scribble marks from when she found a pen and coloured her legs after going to bed last night.

No, there are no pictures. You'll have to make do with the mental images. I got them, the room and the hallway cleaned and I'm trying to work up the courage to go look in my bathroom...

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

i can't help but be disappointed that there are no pictures :)

ramblin'andie said...

Somehow I doubt this will be the last time I discover a huge make up mess. Elisabeth did remember to ask me first but if ever I don`t pay attention right away...I`ll try and have the camera handy for that time!

Carolyn Marie said...

at least she wasn't covered head to toe in poop... but, your kiddos are a lot bigger than mine :D i love that she coloured on her legs after she was supposed to go to bed. all the things i get to look forward to!!!