Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Day

Christmas Day always sneaks up on me way too fast. I look forward to the Christmas season and build it up and then BAM it's here.



I woke up this Christmas Day and wondered if maybe I focus too much on the wrong things. Though I also wonder if maybe I just don't want it all to end.


So, I don't think we go too crazy with presents at our house. Pretty  much, the kids get one present from Santa, two presents from us and now that they're older they buy each other one present.


Looking at Facebook, I feel a little bit guilty that my kids aren't getting the mountain of stuff everyone else seems to get. And you know, when they go back to school and compare lists, I hope they're not too disappointed.


 But starting January in debt just seems silly. And I am not a fan of piles of junk accumulating in my house anyway. So that's that then.

Elisabeth was not too sure about getting a box of cereal for Christmas.



Side note - David bought this hat for Elisabeth and one for himself too. So they could match. Awwwwww.

 Pretty pleased with his transformers shirt.



 yes. I made my children dress as elves on Christmas day.


Then we headed to Grandma's for presents and hanging out with her.


And the rest of the family :)






0 comments: