Saturday, July 08, 2017

CAMPBELL RIVER!

In July my dad took us to Campbell River on the island for a weekend. We took the ferry from Tsawassen, which took us really close to the coal port (cool).


It was a beautiful day for a ride.


I was really hoping we'd see whales. I mean, I think I say that every time we get on a boat. But I really thought we'd see one this time. It was really cold, but so beautiful.



And then we arrived in Nanaimo. There are two ferry terminals in Nanaimo. We landed at the southern one, which according to my brother is more of a truck route.



And then I asked if, since we were so close, we could head to Cathedral Grove. We headed North and then a little bit west and before you knew it, we were driving through forest.


A few of us needed to use a washroom, so we pulled off at Little Qualicum Falls. Where it turned out you could stroll up to view the falls.

 And so we did.


What a beautiful setting. Turns out you can camp here. Must remember that.


We crossed the tracks out of the park and continued sorta west (I don't know for sure, but the road towards Port Renfrew), and ended up at Cathedral Grove.


This here below is the tallest tree in the park. There's my Daveyboy at the bottom of the trunk, can you see him? Just for you Chadya, here are some interesting facts about the trees in Cathedral Grove.



Then we were starving. Dad said we were so close to Port Renfrew, we couldn't not go there. So we drove to the A&W and had lunch. Then we turned around and went to Coombs.


You know I've never been in the stores? We just take pictures and then we leave.


And this time was like every single other time.


 That little guy in the car with David just wouldn't get out. So we asked him if he'd give us a lift.






 Okay, so after Coombs, we got back in the car and headed towards our cabin. Here it is.

 And THIS was my view.


OUR view. Ahem.


 That there is a little slice of paradise, yo.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such nice memories, should go back there!