Wednesday, July 26, 2017

WORST DAY EVER








We took the kids to the orthodontist (finally). Oh my word. Both kids apparently inherited the worst of both mine and Andrew's teeth, plus a few extra problems all their own. I've spent my life reliving the awful surgery I had on a tooth growing up in my nasal cavity to the point where both kids could tell the story in every gory detail. Turns out David needs that surgery too - only twice! UGH. And Elisabeth had an anxlyosed tooth that she needed to get pulled. No big deal they told us. It was already pretty much out.

So we showed up for the appointment at the dentist, me expecting to stay in the waiting room and the staff reaffirming that it would take two, three seconds at most.

It didn't take a few seconds. It took over an hour. Many, many numbing needles, LOTS of screaming, me fainting and being sent to another chair to be inverted and have cold compresses applied, more screaming and crying (and not all just me), and finally half her tooth came out. Just when they thought they were going to have to send her to the hospital to get the other half of her tooth removed, it came out too. It was absolutely the worst and most traumatic experience of either of our lives. We sat in the van with juice boxes shaking and waited for Andrew to pick us up and drive us home.

And Elisabeth just had another appointment at the orthodontist and apparently she has a second tooth stuck so we may have to go through this again. I've asked that if we do, that they refer us to an oral surgeon. Meanwhile we're praying for the tooth to come out on it's own!!!

0 comments: