Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tink Update

Well, after the glut of pictures from yesterday, I decided not to take any today. But now that the countdown to baby is heating up, I thought I'd update on that.

My duedate is 16 days away now (I'm not counting today). So far, everything has been going swimmingly. My bloodpressure etc. has not troubled me at all this pregnancy. And my ankles only swell on the very hottest of days, and even then only if I try to do too much.

Tink seems to be doing well. It's interesting how different her personality seems to Davey's already. Davey had hiccups constantly the last few months of pregnancy. I haven't noticed Tink have them once. Davey did butt lifts all the time, Tink makes her presence known through elbows and knees. Now that she doesn't have room to dance (she used to be in motion constantly) she mostly heaves herself around. BUT if Davey is ever sitting on me, and happens to apply pressure to my belly, she makes sure she shoves right back. They've gotten into quite the shoving wars. Interesting since when Andrew and I try applying pressure to get her to move, she just sinks further into my belly so we can't feel her at all.

Another difference with this pregnancy (though this is me now, not Tink that's different) is that with David at this stage I was so restless I wanted to walk all the time. My feet were so swollen I couldn't wear shoes, so Andrew and I would set out at ten at night and walk for hours. Me in my bare feet. For months now I've found that if I try to stand for more than a certain amount of time, my belly starts to feel so heavy and sore, I just can't support it anymore. And I've been having a lot of pain which makes walking really hard. I try to get to the pool to swim, but since my pool closes before nine, I don't get there much. On the other hand, I'm so much more flexible than last time. That must come from having a toddler!

For the last week or so I've been having what must be Braxton Hicks. They're quite different from the ones I had with Davey and I seem to get them most at night. It makes me wonder if I'll go into labour on my own this time, since I didn't really have any kind of contractions with Davey at the end (until I was induced and my water broken).

Well, the only other news on the Tink front, is I have to go for an ultrasound again, just to make sure I have amniotic fluid left. Last time, I was induced because I suddenly lost all the fluid. That and the preeclampsia made for an emergency induction. I wasn't allowed to leave the bed through my whole labour. That was crappy. Having a late term ultrasound is really cool though. The tech played all kinds of noises for me, and was able to tell me how big my baby was. Very fun.

2 comments:

Christine Lindsay said...

Glad to hear everything sounds fairly normal. Won't be long now and we'll keep praying that it will be a heppy, healthy delivery and that everyone does well -- Dad, Davey, and Mom especially at Tink's arrival. Lots of love to you-all

Ned Noodle said...

A girl named Tink, raised by pirates...

That would make a fantastic movie.