Thursday, July 27, 2006

YUCK!...oh and poor Katt

On Monday my sister had surgery on her index finger and wrist. Why, you ask? Well, she had a tumour in the tip of her finger that we decided she didn't really need. But once they took that out, she needed some more bone in her finger, so they stole some from her wrist to fill the gap.
Here's a picture of what her arm looked like till this afternoon.

Now, yesterday Katt's banages were too tight. In attempting to loosen them she knocked most of them right off and needed help getting them back on. Unfortunately, I was the only person around to do so. Those of you who have heard of my obsession with kneecaps will have guessed I'm not great around gore. Nonetheless, I tried to help.

My sister was so scared it would hurt that she was crying. I was so scared I'd see something I didn't want to, I was very, very, very woozy. Meanwhile, my normally wussy mum was there describing everything she could see in great detail. I've never been so close to passing out in my life!

Knowing all of this, I was still somehow coerced into bringing a camera into the exam room when Katt got her dressings changed today. I was willing to be there for hand holding, but how do you take a picture with your eyes closed??

Here are the results:

This is her wrist where the bone was taken from: OUCH


And here's the finger where the little guy was removed and the bone was inserted. Again, OUCH. I'm so proud of my brave sister. And she didn't even cry a little today. I would have been out cold on the floor.

0 comments: