Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Growing too fast

Yesterday after picking Andrew up from work I dashed into Old Navy. There was a dress for Tink I wanted to look at. After decided to try them on her, we decided she needed a size THREE. That kind of scared me, since it's only in the last six weeks or so that we've been putting her in 24 month size clothes.

So this morning I pulled out her box of size three clothes to have a look at whether the dresses we tried on yesterday were just freaky sizing, or if she really can wear a three. Her brand new size 24 month jeans are perfect fit on her length wise, but I really do need to adjust the waist since they're always falling down on her. In fact, most of her Old Navy pants are size 2 and on the tightest waist setting (adjustable waists you can cinch in) and just right for length.

Anyway, the first item I pulled out of the box was a really cute western style pink and brown plaid shirt. I can't remember if it was Ashlie's first or Jades. Anyway, it fits perfectly. That's Sears brand. Then I looked at a few gymboree items. And some Old Navy shorts...yes. I think it's a good thing I pulled this box out because while not everything in the size three box will fit now, a LOT of it will. And size two?? Well it's a good thing she had so many dresses. They'll just be short like all mine were.

And Tink, please slow down the growing a bit. Trust your mommy, it's not fun being the only giant in your class!!

1 comments:

Grandma_bel said...

She is a tall girl like her mummy and granny but we knew when to stop growing. It is tough to be tall as a litle'un, Jade is the same.Hope you are enjoying the sunshine today. xox