Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mealtime at the Em's

Well this one wasn't a meal time, but it was pretty silly and I managed to snap a pic. "CHEESE!"

Yesterday I did some cleaning while Andrew distracted the kids. While our dining set was still sitting in the living room I made the kids lunch at their little Ikea table. Here they are enjoying some conversation over beans and toast and peaches:

The peaches in your sister's bowl always look better than your own do...

Andrew came along to make sure tink didn't fall off her seat. She's very much into climbing these days. She's figured out how to hoist herself onto our dining chairs, onto the shelf of her change table, in and out of the bath... pretty much anything scalable she can and does try to climb!

This is breakfast this morning. When Andrew and I went to Switzerland in '02 we helped Grossi pick up this dress for Ashlie. I can't believe Ashlie was that little back then...



Andrew and I went on a date last night. One of our flower girls, Emilia, babysat. We got married on the day before her 5th birthday. And now she's old enough to babysit! It sure doesn't feel like we've been together that long!! Anyway, we had a marvellous time and came home to a spotless house, happy kids and a whole new sense of "wow, we can go on dates again and EVERYONE will survive!!"
Not only did Emilia totally clean up after the kids while she was here, she also brought presents for the kids. Davey took the bunny she brought for Tink to bed with him last night. I think he liked his new friend!!


2 comments:

Grandma_bel said...

I think Davey was trying to help her, like the good big brother that he is!

Katherine said...

WOW! I can't believe tinky fits that dress...