Saturday, April 01, 2017

More fun on the Sunshine Coast

Sunday morning I made a big pancake breakfast while Dave slept in and Alexis went to mass. Then we collected the troops and went for a ramble round Cliff Gilker Park.


There was so much more water than the last time we were there.


I think if I lived here, this would be a regular haunt of mine. I hope so anyway.








David decided to cross the creek. It looks tame here, but I think the water was at least 4 or 5 feet deep in spots and moving very quickly.



After he'd done it once, Tommy and Elisabeth decided to try too. David was desperately trying to get a selfie but the others were cramping his style.


And then, after lunch, Alexis, Ruben and Larry napped. Dave went off to work, Tommy did homework and the rest of us headed off to explore.


We ended up at a park in Sechelt. I'd never explored this side - I didn't even realize there was anything on the other side of all the houses and shops.


But as it turns out, there's a lovely park right on the water, near a pier. We played there for quite a while.




A very long while. Ada made friends with all the other four year old girls dressed all in pink. And Elisabeth and Lizzie chased around after her.






I also didn't know that there were walkways pretty much from Davis Bay (or at least it looked like it) to I don't even know how far.


So we strolled and played on the beach and enjoyed the sunshine.




It reminded me a little of the stroll along Penticton Beach.


BUT THEN we got to play on the rocks.












On the way back, we stopped in Davis Bay for ice cream. After dropping rocks off the pier.



But the ice cream place was closed so we just went home :(


0 comments: