Sunday, November 26, 2006

When Davey saw the snow this morning, he couldn't wait to get outside. Here's that first look of awe...
And from Tinky...

Hmnnn, that seat looks kinda cold!

Once Mamma got Tink down for her nap, we bundled up properly and headed out to make a snowman.

Here's Davey with the "snow bear's" torso. The snow was pretty good for building a snowman, a little on the wet side, but not bad.

That's an airplane embedded in the snowman's face


The finished product...


A great shot of our Christmas lights. I'm so glad we decided to splurge this year and get the second string of starlights. I love 'em. And so does davey.

Oh dear. The problem with snowy weather is that you have to wear those horrible bulky snow clothes. Davey was fine until he decided to go for a drive. Then he found that he couldn't quite get behind the wheel of the car. Ahh yes, I've had that problem. Oh wait, only I wasn't wearing snow clothes. Silly me....anyway. I had to lie him sideways, slide his feet under the steering wheel, then angle him to a sitting position. Luckily he was game...until he tried to get out and found himself stuck again. Oh dear...

We decided the car wasn't a good choice for snowy weather and I got out his motor cycle instead. Which he promptly ran over our snow man with. Hmnn...




A few hours later and Andrew and Davey decided to drive to the store for provisions. While dad's up at the car, somehow Davey knows exactly what the scraper is for. I'm telling you, boys just know some things. It's weird...


And in the spirit of trying to remember all the precious things my kids do these days, davey is obsessed with bob the builder and diego (dora's cousin) these days. Auntie Kathi brought him some BtB videos over since Ashlie's outgrown them and Jade doesn't like Spud. Davey will pull them off the shelf and open the cases and look at them for ages. One of them has a little promotional booklet in it which he will read and then burst into song (in the sweetest little voice) "da builder",

Yesterday, to demonstrate how very hungry he was, he walked up to me and said, "I eat it!" and bit me on the leg. It was only a love bite, very gentle, so I just laughed. So then he moved on to Daddy, "I eat it!" he said, and bit daddy VERY HARD on the butt. I picked myself off the floor, still laughing, in time to catch him bending over tink's very tender neck teeth poised....hmmmn I really should make sure he gets those snacks in....

He's definitely trying very hard to learn his abcs, but will make up the letter progression and letters (double y). Still, since he's only learning them from reading Dr. Seuss books, he's doing very well. He's also constantly working on his numbers. The letter four doesn't exist in his vocabulary, but on the other hand he recognises what counting is, and will often count anything, or remark, "two soosies" as he walks through the room with a soosy in each hand.

Tink is still not sleeping well. The problem now seems to be getting her to sleep at night. She has a good long feed at about 7 till 8 or sometimes 830 during which she will often fall asleep, but not stay asleep. Then she will not go to sleep till around 11 or later. We went through this with David too. And though it sometimes feels like maybe she's still hungry, I think really she just gets too tired and then can't fall asleep. She does really well on her morning nap and will sleep without interruption for anywhere from 2 to 4 hours but during the night she wakes almost every hour to have her soother reinserted. So I think tomorrow we're going to start trying a real bed time routine and letting her cry it out. Hopefully the weather will be good enough that I can get out of the house for that time. But if not, I'm going to head up to mum's to work on her genealogy stuff.

0 comments: