Tuesday, March 06, 2007

oooodles of fun!

We were surprised with another sunny morning today, so I checked things into high gear and (after stopping at Timmy's for a coffee!) headed south to a park we've only been to once. It's actually within hiking distance so one day when Tink's not so close to nap time we might walk up there. It's probably a 40 minute walk each way, so we have to plan for it.

I remembered both camera and the memory card, but I ignored that inner voice and didn't grab the spare batteries. So we made a little side trip to 7-11. But I HAD to take pictures today. The sun, the colours, the trees...and of course my cute little monkeys. Perfect picture taking circumstances!

This elephant was Davey's favorite toy at the park. Which surprised me because there's a great toddler friendly slide there, but for some reason he was a bit scared. We'll have to go back and try it again. He also didn't really like the merry-go-round, but then again, that is kind of a scary ride.

As always, Tinky loves the swing. She liked the elephant and the slide too, but her definite favorite is the swing. Weeeee!!


I was reading Kelly's letter to her daughter last night (she writes a letter to her every month) I wish I'd been diligent to do that. I catch a lot of the kids' milestones on here, but I think the monthly letter is such a great idea. I know that other parents, like Dooce, do it too, but I love the idea of it being such a blessing to them as well as a record of their lives.



This afternoon we walked to Ashlie's school with Kathi and Jade to collect Ashlie. It was a nice mild afternoon, but pushing about 100 pounds of toddler and stroller and carrying 20 pounds of tinky strapped to my back made for a tiring stroll!







2 comments:

kelly ens said...

what is WRONG with me??? all of a sudden i noticed that davey has HAIR!

ramblin'andie said...

well...it's not like he has MUCH hair. He still hasn't had a haircut! It's the amazing invisible hairdo.