Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pictures courtesy of [favorite] Auntie Kat

This morning I was outside with the kids (davey playing with his trains in a big puddle, while Elisabeth was standing watching him) when Kathi pulled into the drive. She hopped outta the van and handed me her camera, "Go nuts. Just don't delete the pictures off my camera when you put them on your computer."

Well, dear readers, you know I didn't need any prompting. I grabbed the kids and ran, lest she give me any other restrictions on my picture taking...

Since it was such a sunny, mild day we decided to play in the backyard. We weren't even down the stairs before Ashlie and Jade were [mildly] bickering about who would get to push her in the swing. Boy do they ever love to spoil my girl! Jade won the "pick a number" game and got first push:

Davey decided to take a seat in front of the swing set and watch to make sure the girls pushed Elisabeth properly.


Here's a rare picture of all four kids at once. Too bad about the light, but at least you can tell they're all there. Elisabeth is wearing Ashlie's hat, Jade's fleece suit and Davey's old Cookie Monster slippers. I'm so glad we get to reuse some of our favorite clothes. It seems like you're just getting used to them and the kids are on to the next size. People keep telling me they slow down eventually, but I have yet to see that in any of these kids!




Yesterday when we were getting ready for bath time, I started singing "kitten caboodle" when Davey informed me he didn't want to sing that song, he wanted to sing "I am Not Afraid", which is off one of my worship albums. So today while we were eating and waiting for Andrew to get home we played his new Veggie Tales worship album. It guest stars Matt Redman and is really quite good!

Which reminds me, I've often considered doing a posting about all the things Davey has broken. When we lived in our townhouse, we were constantly finding things in the VCR. He never actually broke it, but if you couldn't find the remote, the first place to look was the VCR. Well that penchant for sticking things where they don't belong has continued. If I ever want to use my card reader in the printer, I need to tip it first to get the coins out; the printer does streaks through everything because of the crayons shoved in the rollers; and our 6 disk CD changer in the car stopped working around Christmas because of coins shoved in the CD slot (I've also found fries shoved between the door and the window in the car, trains in the dishwasher...)

Well I joke that our CD player was ruined when we left Davey alone in the car to play; the whole stereo unit was ruined when I left Andrew alone in the car. The other day I had to run into a store to buy something for my mum. I come out and Andrew decided to try to remove the whole stereo. And now none of it works (at least we had the radio before!) Thank God for my iPod!!
Ashlie made us all some very disgusting looking stone soup.
Meanwhile, Jade fed Elisabeth her cereal and blueberries.



Later I found Davey and Jade like this. They'd just finished going to the bathroom together, and now Jade was reading Davey his potty book while he made the appropriate sound effects, "EWWW yuck, Stink!"

0 comments: