Saturday, March 31, 2007

The sun is still shining so you KNOW where we spent our day!

As I was snapping these pictures of Davey, I wondered why I was bothering. I absolutely love him in this toque and his ringer shirt/vest combo, but since we were heading to the beach I didn't know why I wasn't waiting to get the picture there (though I love how he was playing with little Doc and big Doc on our car. He had a whole little monologue going about them).

We drove the whole way to the beach, I pulled into the parking space, grabbed my camera, unlocked the doors, and....

he puked. All over his clothes. Poor kid. He insisted he was fine for playing at the beach though, so after we cleaned him off we tentatively set off for the sand and surf.

Every time I asked if he was okay, he'd give me a withering look and insist, "I'm great" so we ended up staying all afternoon. We had so much fun.

I peeled off my shoes and socks (mostly cause Davey charged through the water to a sandbank and I had to follow) while Andrew and Elisabeth stayed on shore.

Yah, isn't this gross?! Even David thought so.

Libby's getting better at standing by herself. And wants to do it all the time. Which reminds me, today she got from a sitting position to a crawling position and vice versa. Two separate incidents. Maybe she'll move yet.

On our way back to the village for lunch.

David started with a first course of Tiger Ice Cream. Blame his father.

Sooooooo good.

Then we had fish'n chips. Elisabeth watched me dip a fry into ketchup, reached over with her fry (which she'd previously stolen from off my plate) and dipped it into the ketchup by herself and ate it. She is way too clever. Dipping fries and not even 8 months old. I'm impressed.

Since Davey's socks were wet I insisted he ride in the stroller inside my fleece. He looks so little and vulnerable in this picture. I'm kind of glad - he's been looking too grown up lately for my liking. I want him to be my baby at least until school starts!

Learning to use a fork.

Lining up all his racing cars and trains to watch him eat his dinner. I love the look on Big Doc's face.

0 comments: