Saturday, March 10, 2007

Yet Another Busy Day...

I managed to catch the weather report today and since the rain wasn't actually supposed to start until lunch time, we dashed to the beach. Yes, we are beach addicts. That's why we live with the exorbitant house prices and higher than average gas prices and all the other yuckiness of BC...we love the beach.


Davey was so excited to be at the beach. He spent a lot of time throwing stones into various bodies of water. Most of the little old ladies on the beach today tried to engage him in conversation but he was tooooo busy. Luckily Tinker was happy to oblige.

As you can see.


I had also promised Davey that we would go down some slides today. Believe it or not, he ran down to the water and pronounced, I want to go down the slide!! (as in, you liar, you promised me a slide.) So after we'd had enough of the beach we went to the little park in the Crescent Beach area.

As Davey gets more and more fluent in the English language, his impish character shows more and more. We have a little tradition that either on Saturday or Sunday we'll go somewhere like the beach or the river, pick up some coffees and a few timbits. So today Andrew handed Davey the timbits and said, "Here, pick one...or two."

Davey grabbed three and said, "How bout three?!" and quickly stuffed one in his mouth.

I've also blogged about how much he hates it when his sister cries. Usually he'll yell, "It's Okay, It's OKAY" or "STOP CRYING!" Well, today when she started fussing a little (mostly falling asleep noises) he let out a big sigh and, "I don't want to tickle you today tinkie". And when that didn't stop her from crying (and I'd passed her a soosy) he said, "You soosy, stop crying now!"
That'll teach her!

We got home at about lunchtime, then Davey and I headed out to run errands. Those done we headed to Richmond to pick my dad up from the airport.

I did check to make sure his flight was on schedule before we left, but as we were approaching Richmond I called Andrew to double check for me. Sure enough it was delayed by about 45 minutes. So we made a detour to Richmond Town Centre.



I don't know what it is about that mall, but I really love it. Especially the baby gap. I found a cute pair of jeans for Elisabeth on clearance. I love clearance sales and thanks Dave for the birthday money to blow on something frivolous like Gap jeans for my daughter!

We left the mall and headed to the airport thinking that Davey and I could watch planes land for a while before Dad made it through customs. Shah right. Did you know there isn't anywhere in that airport where you can see the planes unless you're waiting to get on one!?! What a rip off!! So we wandered through the mall...but even their toddler play area is not there any more while they do renos on the part in between the International and Canadian terminals. If I'd known that was the case we'd have stayed at the mall longer. At least they have a pet shop and play area!!


Oh well, dad finally made it through customs (they lost a bag enroute, so makeup, coats, probably some other vital things got lost), but Davey was a trooper and did really well. And Andrew and Tink seemed to have survived okay too. So...time for bed!

0 comments: