Monday, October 25, 2010

Fisgard Lighthouse

On the same grounds as Fort Rodd, you'll find the Fisgard Lighthouse. I know I've blathered on and on about how gorgeous this site was, but good golly. I really felt like we'd been somewhere after this. You know, like the Maritimes or something wonderful. I'm so thankful that the weather forecasts were wrong and we had the most perfect weather for exploring.

Here's just a few of the pictures I took at of the Lighthouse and surrounding area.






When we arrived at the waterfront, we got there just in time to see a warship coming into harbour. There was music, and watching crowds (on the other side) and it felt like we were watching something important. You can see the ship just off to the left of the lighthouse:

This boat led the procession in, spraying water as it came in towards the harbour.


There's the warship. I'm not sure where it had been, but it was pretty emotional watching it come in. Maybe that's my overactive imagination. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a relative of someone who had been fighting overseas and waiting for them in the harbour.


Well, since we had no idea what was going on in the harbour, we continued on to the lighthouse.









I was pretty enamoured with the lighthouse.


Fort Victoria.
This was the flag for Vancouver Island when it was a province.

Rob and me.


Family picture time.

Rob and Dave in front of the Lighthouse.


Can you see Andrew?


Then we played on the rocks.




Elisabeth was trying to be a bee here. She would balance the flower on her nose (no small feat!) and then try and sniff out the nectar.



Trying to spot the pirate.







Another of the ships in the harbour. It looked like a bucket of rust to us!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

.Nice pictures, nice weekend, glad the weatherman was wrong! :-)