Sunday, September 04, 2016

The Big Trip East: Day 4


THIS is where I ate my breakfast, every opportunity I had. I think maybe Ontarioans aren't as used to eating outside. I'm not sure. I loved the peaceful mornings out here.


Just me, a coffee, sometimes a book.

 It didn't always last as long as I would have liked. But it was nice.

Grandma Leona thought it would be a good idea to buy all the kids a scrapbook and have them document the trip. The kids LOVED this idea.

 Rob brought his family's printer, and with the HP app, we could print to the printer right from our iPods and phones.

 That's Dave's amazed face, cause we were amazed by the technology ;)


Nancy, Emma and I spent a few hours in a nearby town buying supplies for the week. Meanwhile, the kids and Andrew and Rob played in the water.


Lizzie in the hottub.


 And my boyfish, swimming for treasures on the bottom of the pool!

 After dinner, we had a fire in the backyard. There's a road just beyond us people, but it's a country road, so I think maybe five cars a day passed us on it (I'm exaggerating, but it was still very quiet here).





 Elisabeth spent so much time making everyone else s'mores, she forgot to have one herself.






 YUM. I think this is mine she's holding, just for a photo op.

 And then, just when I thought we were all getting ready to sleep, David's very favorite person ever, in the entire history of the universe arrived.


 Not that you can tell from the way David is still glued to his iPod.


0 comments: